GAJAR KA HALWA, RECIPE OF HOW TO MAKE GAJAR KA HALWA WITH MILK AND MALAI
Preparation time -20 minutes
Cooking time -1 hr
Main ingredients –carrot, milk and malai
A step by step recipe of gajar ka halwa –a sweet dish made with carrots, milk, malai, ghee and sugar, garnished with raisins and almond flacks.
This gajar ka halwa is made up of milk and malai. I have not used khoya here. Since I didn’t get the khoya nearby. So I got a quick and easy solution to make gajar ka halwa without khoya.
And trust me it turned out so yummy and delicious.
I have also posted my recipe of gajar pak, in that also I had used the same technique of milk and malai.
And the recipe of gajar pak was the best and most searched recipe of the January month on my site.
After gajar pak try this also and give a treat to your taste buds.
Also try my other recipes of sweets such as suji ke laddoo, gond ke laddoo, suji ka halwa, sweet bundi and so on.
Ingredients for gajar ka halwa –
- Carrots -2 kg
- Milk -400 ml
- Malai -2 cups
- Ghee -200 mg
- Sugar -200 mg
- Raisins -2 tbsp
- Almond flacks for garnishing
How to make gajar ka halwa –
- Wash, peel and grate the carrots.
- Put them into a pan and cook.
- Cook until the water of the carrots evaporates.
- Now add the milk in it.
- Now cook again until the milk gets absorbed completely.
- After that add the malai or cream into the pan and cook by continuous stirring.
- Not when the malai is absorbed or cooked well add the ghee in it.
- Cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- Now add sugar into it.
- Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Now add raisins into it. Stir well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Garnish it with almond flacks and serve hot.
Step by step recipe with pictures –
Wash, peel and grate the carrots. Put them into a pan and cook.
Cook until the water of the carrots evaporates.
It will take time to be dry.
So keep on cooking occasional stirring. you can see the water by siding all the grated carrots.
You can see they are dried completely.
Now add the milk in it.
Cook with occasional stirring.
Now cook again until the milk gets absorbed completely.
After that add the malai or cream into the pan.
And cook by continuous stirring.
Cook, cook and cook. I know its quite time consuming but you have to take some patience.
Not when the malai is absorbed or cooked well add the ghee in it.
Cook for another 10-15 minutes.
The carrots will shine in the pan.
Now add sugar into it. Cook for another 10 minutes.
Now add raisins into it.
Stir well and cook for 2 minutes.
It is ready, now switch off the flame.
Garnish it with almond flacks.
And serve hot.