- Main Course
- Side dish
MASALA BHINDI RECIPE
by Ritu Sharma
Preparation time -20 minutes
Cooking time -15 minutes
Main ingredients –ladyfinger/okra, onion and tomatoes.
A step by step recipe of masala Bhindi –here Bhindi is cooked in a spicy masala of onion, tomato and a blender of Indian spices.
Bhindi is known by many names such as, okra or ladyfinger.
Hey guys here again I am with another recipe of okra (Bhindi/ladyfinger). This is my second recipe of Bhindi, which is I am sharing with you. My first recipe of Bhindi is besaniya Bhindi, which was loved my many viewers on Instagram.
Now I hope people will love this recipe too.
Ingredients for masala Bhindi –
- Ladyfinger -1/2 kg
- Chopped onions -1 cup
- Chopped tomatoes -1 cup
- Chopped green chilies -2 tbsp
- Grated ginger -1 tsp
- Cumin seeds -1 tsp
- Oil -1 tbsp
- Red chili powder -1 tbsp
- Coriander powder -1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder -1 tsp
- Salt to taste
Method to prepare masala Bhindi –
- Heat the oil in a pan and temper it with cumin seeds.
- Add green chili and ginger to it and sauté.
- Add onions to the pan and stir well to cook.
- When the onions are translucent add the chopped tomatoes to the pan.
- Mix and let the tomatoes to be soften.
- Now add the dry powdered spices to it like red chili powder, coriander powder and turmeric to it.
- Cook well for about 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the chopped ladyfingers to it.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Cook until the ladyfingers are cooked well.
- Switch off the flame and serve hot with roti and rice.
Step by step recipe with pictures –
Heat the oil in a pan.
And temper it with cumin seeds.
Add green chilies to it.
And ginger to it. Mix well and sauté.
Add onions to the pan.
And stir well to cook.
Cook until the onions are translucent.
Now add the chopped tomatoes to the pan.
Mix and let the tomatoes to be soften.
Now add the dry powdered spices to it like red chili powder, coriander powder and turmeric to it.
Cook well for about 2-3 minutes.
Cook until the oil leaves the pan.
Now add the chopped ladyfingers to it.
Add salt to it.
And mix well.
Let it to be cook.
Cook until the ladyfingers are cooked well.
If you see some saliva in your ladyfinger then raise your flames to high and roast for 3-4 minutes with continuous stirring.
Switch off the flame and serve hot with roti and rice.