GREEN MOONG DAL DOSA
Preparation time -2-3 hrs
Cooking time -20 minutes
Main ingredients –green moong dal and rice flour
Step by step recipe of green moong dal dosa/chila –a pan cake made with skinned moong dal, which is very tasty to eat and easy to make.
I have also shared the recipe of paneer moong dal chila/dosa and moong dal dosa on the blog.
I often make this chila along with meetha puda, which is also a very famous dish of Rajasthan; soon I will post that too.
Green moong dal is very healthy as it has fiber and protein in it. This dosa is made up of two ingredients green moong dal and rice flour.
Ingredients for green moong dal dosa –
- Green Moong dal -2 cups
- Green chilies -3-4
- Ginger -1 inch
- Rice flour -3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Some finely chopped onions -1 cup
- Oil as required.
How to make green moong dal dosa –
- Wash and rinse the green moong dal to make them dirt free.
- Now soak the dal in water for about 2-3 hrs.
- Now grind the moong dal along with green chilies and ginger.
- Grind it to a thin paste.
- Now add the rice flour and salt to it. Mix well and make the batter lumps free.
- Now apply some oil on a non-stick pan.
- Take a ladle of dal batter and spread it on the pan.
- Spread some chopped onions on it.
- Cook it on medium to low flame until it looks dry from above.
- Now flip the dosa and cook for few seconds.
- Fold the dosa and serve hot with green chutney.
Step by step recipe with pictures –
Take the moong dal in a bowl.
Add water and wash.
Rinse the water.
Add water again to soak. Soak the dal in water for about 2-3 hrs.
It will double in size.
You can see the skin of dal gets removed from it.
Now take this moong dal in a mixer jar.
Now grind the moong dal along with green chilies and ginger.
Grind it to a thin paste.
Take out the paste in a large bowl.
Now add the rice flour into it.
And salt as well.
Mix well and make the batter lumps free.
Now apply some oil on a non-stick pan.
Take a ladle of dal batter.
And spread it on the pan.
Spread the chopped onions on it.
Press with the spatula so the onions get stick to it.
Cook it on medium to low flame until it looks dry from above. Apply oil on it.
Now flip the dosa and cook for few seconds.
Now flip again and cook for two seconds.
Serve hot with green chutney.