- Main Course
- Side dish
DRY ALOO MATAR, how to make sukhi aloo matar ki sabji
by Ritu Sharma
Preparation time -10 minutes
Cooking time -20 minutes
Main ingredients –potatoes and peas
Recipe of aloo matar ki sukhi sabji – dry recipe of potatoes and peas, where potatoes and peas are cooked with dry Indian spices like red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt.
Ingredients for aloo matar -
- Potatoes -300 gms
- Peas -1 cup
- Green chilies -2
- Red chili powder -1 and ½ tsp
- Coriander powder -1 tbsp
- Garam masala -1 tsp
- Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
- Oil -1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds -1 tsp
- Black mustard seeds
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander for garnishing
Method to prepare aloo matar –
- Peel and chop the potatoes.
- Heat oil and temper with cumin seeds and black mustard seeds.
- Add the chopped potatoes into it.
- Add salt add let them to cook half of it.
- Now add the peas and turmeric powder into the pan.
- Cook until they are cooked nicely.
- Now add the red chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala to it.
- Mix well and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot.