Gulab Jamun Recipe With Khoya
by Ritu Sharma
Preparation time -10-15 minutes
Cooking time -20-25 minutes
Main ingredients –khoya(mawa), all purpose flour
Step by step recipe of mawa gulab jamun –sweet dish made up of with khoya and all purpose flour, which is nicely dipped in sugar syrup.
I think gulab jamun is one of the most known recipes of India.
I am so happy that finally on this diwali my mawa gulab jamun recipe is done. And it came out really so yummmyyyy.
Now a days every housewife wants to make sweets at home for their family, and gulab jamun is one of the most liked recipe of everyone. So many people asked me about the recipe of gulab jamun. So here it is.
This recipe is doesn’t take much time to prepare, but just you have to be careful in frying the jamuns so that they don’t break.
Ingredients for gulab jamun –
- Mawa(khoya) –
- All purpose flour –
- Sugar –1 and ½ cups
- Water –2 and ½ cups
- Saffron –5-6 shreds
- Cardamom – 3-4 and a pinch of cardamom powder
- Baking soda -1/8 tsp
- Oil or ghee for frying
How to make it –
- Take 1 and ½ cup of sugar in a pan and add saffron, cardamom seeds and powder to it.
- Add water in the pan and boil for about 10-15 minutes.
- Now shift the all purpose flour and baking soda.
- Add mawa to it and mix.
- Make a smooth and soft dough.
- Make small ball of it.
- Now heat oil or ghee in a pan. Fry the balls carefully so that they don’t break. Fry the balls on low flame otherwise they will burn from outside and will not be cooked from inside.
- Now remove from the oil and add them in warm sugar syrup.
- Let them in sugar syrup for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve warm as a dessert and enjoy.
Step by step recipe with pictures -
Take 1 and ½ cup of sugar in a pan and add saffron, cardamom seeds and powder to it.
Add water in the pan.
Stir and boil to make the sugar syrup.
It will take about 10-15 minutes and after 15 minutes you can see that the syrup is quit thick and changed its color.
Now shift the all purpose flour. (I am in joint family so I made it with 1 cup of maida but you can increase or decrease the amount according to your need and by calculating the quantity with the measurement given here).
Now sieve the baking soda.
Mix both the ingredients nicely.
Add mawa to it.
Mix with a spoon.
You can see it is very easy to mix it.
Make a smooth and soft dough.
Make small balls of it.
Now heat oil or ghee in a pan.
Add 4-5 balls at a time so that you can easily stir the oil. Fry the balls on low flame otherwise they will burn from outside and will not be cooked from inside.
Fry the balls carefully so that they don’t break.
Now remove from the oil, you can see the size of the ball has risen.
And add them in warm sugar syrup.
Let them in sugar syrup for 30-40 minutes.
Serve warm as a dessert and enjoy.