- Main Course
Veg pulav recipe –veg pulav is a simple and healthy recipe, as it is made with lots of vegetables so it is good for health as well as it has rice which is a good source of carbohydrate.
This recipe of veg pulav is not such a different recipe but it is similar to that entire pulav recipe which we all make in our own style but just I have used a little bit of chili sauce and tomato ketchup, just to make it different and tastier.
Ingredients for veg pulav recipe -
- Rice -2 cup
- Chopped Cauliflower -1/2 cup
- Chopped cabbage -1/2 cup
- Chopped carrot -1/2 cup
- Chopped potato -1/2 cup
- Chopped onion -1/2 cup
- Chopped capsicum -1/2 cup
- Chopped beans -1/2 cup
- Green chili(finely chopped) -2 tbsp
- Oil -3 tbsp
- Green chili sauce -2 tbsp
- Tomato ketchup -2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander for garnishing
For tempering (tadka) –
- Black mustard -1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds -1/2 tsp
- Bay leaf -2
- Black cardamom -1
- Cinnamon –a small piece
Method for preparing veg pulav -
- Rinse all the vegetables and rice thoroughly and keep aside.
- Now heat oil in the pan of a pressure cooker and add all the ingredients of tempering in it and temper for a minute.
- Now add all the vegetables add sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Now add rice and mix it very well.
- Now add green chili sauce, tomato ketchup, salt and 4 cups of water and mix all the ingredients properly.
- Now put the lid on the cooker and pressure cook the rice for about 1 whistle.
- Now switch off the flame, garnish with the coriander and serve hot with raita, pickle and papad.
- If you want to make it healthier you can substitute the rice with brown rice.
- You can also add red chili sauce and soya sauce as par your taste.
- Main Course