- South Indian
FRIED IDLI RECIPE
Preparation time – 10 min.
Cooking time – 10 min.
Serving – 4
Cuisine –South Indian
Fried idli recipe - home made idli cooked with onion, cabbage, capsicum & a tangy and sweet taste of tomato & tomato ketchup.
Fried idli is a snack which you can have in your breakfast or as a tea time snacks. The best part of this recipe is that, you can make this dish with leftover idli so this recipe is also come in the leftover recipes.
At my home this is a Sunday breakfast dish which is a favorite breakfast of my mother- in -law & my daughter Anvi.
I have learnt this recipe from my sister-in-law, she used to make it with onion & tomato only but I have added here the cabbage & capsicum too so that more vegetables can be used. Tomato ketchup is an optional ingredient which if you don’t like, you can escape it(some people don’t like it because of its sweetness).
I have used here rava idli but you can also make it with rice idli.
Now let’s proceed to the recipe. Ingredient for fried idli:-
- Idli – 10
- Chopped onion – ½ cup
- Finely Chopped cabbage – ½ cup
- Chopped capsicum – ½ cup
- Chopped tomato – ½ cup
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Red chili powder- ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander for garnishing.
- Tomato ketchup- 2 tbsp.
To temper –
- Oil – 2tbsp.
- Black mustard seeds – ½ tsp.
- Curry leaves – 7-8.
- Chopped green chilies – ½ tbsp.
Method to prepare fried idli:-
- Cut the idlies in 4 & keep aside.
- Now heat oil in a pan and temper it with black mustard , curry leaves & green chilies
- Now add chopped onion & sauté it for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the cabbage & capsicum & cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the tomato along with salt & powders spices & mix well.
- When the oil leaves the pan adds the chopped idli & mix well.
- Now add the tomato ketchup & mix well.
- Now switch off the flame, garnish the fried idli with chopped coriander & serve hot & tea or coconut chutney.
- South Indian