- Main Course
MASALA PULAV IN PUNJABI STYLE
Masala pulav in Panjabi style recipe –this recipe is a Punjabi cuisine, as we know that Punjabi food is made with full of spices and tadka so this recipe also has that kind of feeling.
I often used to make rice with lots of variations, so this recipe is also one of them.
Ingredients for masala pulav in Punjabi style -
- Boiled rice -2 and ½ cup
- Chopped mix vegetables(peas, French beans, carrot) -3/4 cup
- Salt to taste
Spices for roasting –
- Fennel/saunf -1 tsp
- Coriander seeds/dhania -1 tsp
- Cumin seeds/jeera -1 tsp
- Cardamom -1
- Clove/long -1
- Cinnamon/daalchini -1 small piece
- Dry red chili -3
Ingredients for tempering –
- Ghee -1 tbsp
- Asafoetida/hing –a pinch
- Bay leaf/tej patta -2
- Curry leaves -5-6
- Cumin seeds -1 tbsp
Other ingredients –
- Chopped onion -1 cup
- Garlic paste -1 tsp
- Ginger -1 small piece
- Garam masala powder -1 tsp
- Curd -2-3 tbsp
- Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp
- Chat masala -1 tsp
Method for preparing masala pulav in Punjabi style –
- Roast all the spices given for roasting.
- Now grind all the roasted spices with ingredients given in other ingredients part(onion, garlic etc…….)
- Now heat ghee in a pan and temper it with hing, bay leaf, curry leaves and cumin seeds.
- Now add mix vegetables and sauté for 1 minute.
- Now add the grinded paste in it and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add rice and salt in the pan and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and serve hot with raita and papad.
- Main Course