- Main Course
RAJASTHANI KADHI RECIPE, how to make rajasthani fried kadhi recipe
Preparation time -10 minutes
Cooking time -25-30 minutes
A step by step recipe of Rajasthani kadhi –a tasty curry recipe made with gram flour and curd/butter milk, with a nice tempering of fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, black mustard seeds, whole dry red chilies, asafoetida, cloves, black pepper and bay leaves. It is also fried with chopped onion and a mixture of green chilies-ginger-garlic paste.
Kadhi comes in many varieties like pakoda kadhi, fried kadhi, mangod kadhi and also in different cuisine like Guajarati kadhi and Sindhi kadhi is also very famous.
Gujarati kadhi is quite sweet in taste. And Sindhi kadhi is a mixture of lots of vegetables like ganwar fali, lady finger etc.
Rajasthani kadhi is quite spicy and masaledaar. It is also goes very well with bajra ki roti, kachori or samosa.
Ingredients of Rajasthani kadhi –
- Butter milk/chchach -3 cups
- Gram flour -3 tbsp
- Chopped onions -1 cup
- Green chili-garlic-ginger paste -1 tbsp
- Red chili powder -1 tsp
- Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder -1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander for garnishing
Ingredients to temper –
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Cumin seeds -1/2 tsp
- Black mustard seeds -1/2 tsp
- Cloves -2-3
- Black pepper seeds/kali mirch -3-4
- Bay leaves -2-3
- Asafoetida –a pinch
- Fenugreek seeds -1/3 tsp
- Whole dry red chilies/sabut sukhi lal mirch -2
Method to prepare Rajasthani kadhi recipe –
- Take the butter milk in a mixing bowl.
- Now add the gram flour in it.
- Also add the dry powdered spices such as red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Mix well and cook it for 20 minutes with continuous stirring and switch off the flame.
- Now heat oil in a pan.
- Temper it with tempering ingredients.
- Now add the chopped onions in it.
- Also add the green chili-ginger-garlic paste in it.
- Mix well and cook until onions are translucent.
- Now add the boiled kadhi in it.
- Add water if required.
- Cook it again for 15 minutes.
- Add the chopped coriander in it and cook for 2 minutes.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander and serve hot with roti/rice.
Step by step recipe with pictures –
Take the butter milk in a mixing bowl.
Now add the gram flour in it.
Also add the dry powdered spices such as red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt.
Mix well with a whisker.
Now put it on the flame.
Cook it with continuous stirring upto a boil.
Keep it to cook.
Now stop to stir and cook it for 20 minutes. You can see in the picture that the quantity of this kadhi has been reduced to its half.
Now heat oil in a pan.
Temper it with tempering ingredients.
Now add the chopped onions in it.
Also add the green chili-ginger-garlic paste in it.
Mix well and cook until onions are translucent.
Now add the boiled kadhi in it.
Add water if required for a good consistency. It will neither be too thick or nor be too fluid. Cook it again for 15 minutes. so that all the flavours mixed up with the kadhi.
Add the chopped coriander in it and cook for 2 minutes.
Garnish it with chopped coriander and serve hot with roti/rice.
- Main Course