- Main Course
BEETROOT AND CHANE KI SABJI RECIPE, how to make beetroot and bengal gram bhaji recipe
Preparation time -15 minutes
Cooking time -20 minutes
Cuisine –South Indian
Main ingredients –beetroot and bengal grams
Beetroot and chane ki sabji recipe – a nice and healthy recipe of beetroot and bengal grams, cooked in south Indian style with lots of spices.
Ingredients for beetroot and chane ki sabji –
- Beetroot -1
- Soaked and boiled in saline water bengal grams/chana -1 cup
- Chopped onions -1/2 cup
- Chopped green chilies -1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil -2 tbsp
- Black mustard seeds -1 tsp
- Curry leaves -4-5
Ingredients to make a paste –
- Fresh grated coconut -3 tbsp
- Garlic cloves -7-8
- Ginger -1 small piece
- Bay leaves -3
- Cumin seeds -1 tsp
- Cloves/long -2-3
- Black pepper seeds -3-4
- Lemon juice -1 tbsp
- Red chili powder -1 tsp
- Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
Method to prepare beetroot and chane ki sabji –
- Chop the beetroot in small cubes and slightly boil them in salted water. (don’t cook them completely only half cook).
- Grind all the ingredients to make a paste in a grinder.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Temper it with black mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Add the chopped onions and chilies into it.
- Sauté them until onions are translucent.
- Now add the ground paste in it and cook until the oil leaves the pan.
- Now add the beetroot and bengal grams and mix well.
- Season it with salt and add 1 cup of water into it to give it a nice consistency.
- Cook for another 5 minutes and switch off the flame.
- Serve hot with rice or chapatti.
- Main Course