- South Indian
BREAD DOSA, RECIPE OF HOW TO MAKE BREAD DOSA
Preparation time -40 minutes
Cooking time -10 minutes
Cuisine –south Indian
A step by step recipe of bread dosa –a pan cake made with bread and semolina.
Bread dosa is not mind kind of dosa but it will give you a different taste than the regular rava dosa/chilla you make. I have seen this recipe on a food blog, who makes it perfectly brown. I didn’t get the perfect brown color but it was crispy for me too.
The masala I have used here for my bread masala dosa is a typical south Indian aloo masala which have a flavor of curry leaves and roasted split bengal gram. This bread masala dosa I have served with dry coconut chutney, which also gives you an amazing taste.
See my other recipes of semolina and bread such as – suji chila, rava idli, carrot rava idli, rava uttapam, rava set dosa, bread bhaji, garlic herb bread etc.
Ingredients for bread masala dosa dosa –
- Bread -10
- Semolina -2 cups
- Butter milk -4 cups
- Salt to taste
- South Indian aloo masala -2 cups
- Nariyal chutney to serve
How to make bread masala dosa? –
- Take the breads in a plate and cut its wedges.
- Now take the semolina in a mixing bowl.
- Add bread into it.
- Add salt to it.
- Now add butter milk and mix.
- Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes grind this paste into a mixer grinder.
- Now heat a non stick tawa and spread some batter on it to make dosa.
- Apply some oil around it.
- Flip it and cook for a second.
- Flip again and put masala on it.
- Fold it and remove from tawa.
- Serve hot with nariyal chutney.
Step by step recipe with pictures. –
Take the breads in a plate
and cut its wedges.
Do the same with rest of the breads.
Now take the semolina in a mixing bowl.
Add bread into it.
Add salt to it.
Now add butter milk
and mix. add water if needed for the right consistancy.
Keep it aside for 30 minutes. Take the mixture in a jar of grider.
Grind it to make it smooth.
You can see the difference between grounded and ungrounded mixture.
Now heat a non stick tawa
And spread some batter on it to make dosa.
flatten it on the tawa.
Apply some oil around it.
Flip it and cook for a second.
Flip again and put masala on it.
Fold it and remove from tawa.
Serve hot with nariyal chutney.
- South Indian