- Main Course
ALOO MATAR TAMATAR CURRY, HOMEMADE RECIPE OF POTATOES, PEAS AND TOMATOES IN CURRY FORM
Preparation time -10 minutes
Cooking time -20 minutes
Main ingredients –potato, peas and tomato
A step by step recipe of aloo matar tamatar curry –a curry recipe cooked by using potato, peas and tomato in a spicy gravy.
It’s completely an Indian dish which can be served with roti/rice/puri. We usually make this recipe with puri.
This dish reminds me my old days, when I was living with my grandparents in my village kharbasha ki dhani in Jhunjhunu district of Rajasthan. My maa (grandma) used to make this curry on wooden flame (chulha) which we call chulha in Rajasthani.
You just can’t go away from the aroma of potato, when it is cooking on the wooden fire on a low flame. I am writing with my fingers but my mind is visualizing all that old days. Oh that was great days of my life. Because it was my childhood, where we don’t have any tension about anything.
also see my other recipes of potato -rajma aloo, aloo matar parantha, aloo matar thepla, aloo aal pyaj parantha, potato French fries, south Indian potato masala, aloo paliya, adaraki aloo and so on.
But apart from that lets proceed to the recipe -
Ingredients for aloo matar tamatar curry –
- Potatoes -4 medium
- Peas -1 cup
- Chopped tomatoes -1/2 cup
- Ginger-green chili crush -1 tbsp
- Red chili powder -1 tsp
- Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder -1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander for garnishing
Ingredients to temper –
- Oil -1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds -1 tsp
- Bay leaves -1
How to make aloo matar tamatar curry –
- Chop the potatoes and rinse them.
- Now heat oil in a pan and temper it with cumin seeds and bay leaves.
- Add ginger-green chili crushed in it.
- Mix well and add potatoes.
- Also add peas in it.
- Mix well and add all the dry spices in it.
- Mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add water into it to make curry.
- Mix and cook until the potatoes and peas are soften.
- Now add chopped tomatoes into it.
- Mix well and cook it for another 5 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with chopped coriander. Serve hot with roti or rice.
Step by step recipe with pictures –
Chop the potatoes and rinse them.
Now heat oil in a pan
and temper it with cumin seeds and bay leaves.
Add ginger-green chili crushed in it.
Mix well and add potatoes.
Also add peas in it.
Mix well and add all the dry spices such as red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt.
Mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
Now add water into it to make curry.
mix and cook continuously.
Mix and cook until the potatoes and peas are soften.
Now add chopped tomatoes into it.
Mix well and cook it for another 5 minutes.
Switch off the flame and garnish with chopped coriander. Serve hot with roti or rice.
- Main Course