- Main Course
ALOO CHACH CURRY, RECIPE OF HOW TO MAKE POTATO AND BUTTERMILK CURRY
Preparation time -10 minutes
Cooking time -15 minutes
A step by step recipe of aloo chach curry –a delicious curry recipe of potatoes cooked in a gravy of buttermilk, and have a nice aroma and taste of garlic.
This curry is basically a Rajasthani cuisine recipe. I didn’t use asafoetida here you can also use that to give this curry more Rajasthani taste.
I personally like it a lot, because I like the sourness of buttermilk in it. Use the buttermilk slightly sour. The sourness of buttermilk will make this curry delicious.
For better compliment have this curry with bajre ki roti.
Ingredients for aloo chach curry –
- Potatoes -1/2 kg
- Curd -1 and 1/2 cup
- Oil -1 tbsp
- Garlic cloves -10-12
- Red chili powder -1 tsp
- Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder -1 and ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds -1/2 tsp
- Black mustard seeds -1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander for garnishing
How to make this curry –
- Boil the potatoes and peel them.
- Mash 3-4 potatoes gently, and chop the remaining potatoes roughly with your hand.
- Now crush the garlic cloves in a mortar and make a paste of it by adding the dry powdered spices. Such as, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Heat oil in a pan and temper it with black mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Add the masala paste in it and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the mashed and chopped potatoes in it.
- Whisk the curd and make buttermilk of it by adding ½ cup of water in it.
- Now slowly add this buttermilk into the kadai and stir continuously up to a boil.
- Cook it nicely for 7-8 minutes.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander and serve hot.
Step by step recipe with pictures -
Boil the potatoes with 1 tsp of salt and water.
Now chop them roughly, and also mash 2-3 potatoes. The mashed potatoes will help your curry to be thick.
Now take the garlic cloves in a mortar.
Crush the garlic cloves.
Add the dry spices such as, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt.
Add little water in it.
Mix well and make a paste.
Whisk the curd to make buttermilk.
Heat oil in a kadai.
Temper it with black mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
Now add the garlic paste in it.
Mix well and cook.
Now take 3-4 tbsp of buttermilk in the mortar and wash it.
Add this butter milk into the kadai.
Now add the chopped potatoes in it.
Also add the mashed potatoes.
Now add the remaining buttermilk in it.
Stir it continuously up to a boil in the gravy. Now cook for 7-8 minutes.
Switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with roties.
- Main Course