- Main Course
LAHSUN GATTA, RECIPE OF HOW TO MAKE GATTA IN GARLIC AND CURD GRAVY
Preparation time -10 minutes
Cooking time -20 minutes
Main ingredients –gram flour, garlic and curd.
A step by step recipe of lahsun gatta or garlic gatta –nicely boiled dumplings of gram flour is cooked in the gravy of butter milk along with garlic and Indian spices.
Gatta is a very famous dish of Rajasthan cuisine. And you can find different varieties of this recipe such as masala gatta, fried gatta, aloo gatta, chholiya gatta, govind gatta, stuffed gatta and so on.
From all of these recipes my favorite is lahsun gatta, which simple to make and it tastes delicious.
I like this dish when it is prepared by my mother, my aunty (my mother’s sister) and my mother-in-law. They make this recipe super delicious.
I have already shared the recipe of govind gatta with you and soon will share the other recipes also.
Ingredients for lahsun gatta –
- Gram flour -1 cup
- curd -1 and 1/2 cups
- Garlic cloves -7-8
- Red chili powder -1/2 tsp for dough and 1 tsp for gravy
- Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder -1/2 tsp for dough and 1 tsp for gravy
- Oil -1 tbsp for dough and 1 tbsp for tempering
- Cumin seeds -1 tsp
- Chopped coriander for garnishing
Method to make this lahsun gatta –
- Take the gram flour, red chili powder, coriander powder, oil and salt to a mixing bowl.
- Now knead it to make dough with water.
- Now make small laddoos with this dough and roll them with with your fingers.
- Press with your fingers and make a ribbon like shape of it.
- Now cut with a knife to make gattas.
- Boil 2 cups of water in a pot or pan.
- Now put all the gattas in the boiling water and boil them for around 8-9 minutes.
- Now crush the garlic and mix the spices with it such as red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt. Make a paste of it.
- Now heat oil in a pan and temper it with cumin seeds.
- Pour the garlic masala mixture in the pan.
- Cook it until oil comes up.
- Whisk the curd to make butter milk of it.
- Now add this butter milk into the pan and cook with continuous stirring.
- Now add the boiled gatta in it and cook for 2 minutes.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander and serve hot with roti.
Step by step recipe with pictures –
Take the gram flour in a mixing bowl.
Add red chili powder, coriander powder, oil and salt to it.
Now make dough by adding water little by little, as the gram flour need a very little water.
Now take a small portion of this dough.
Roll it with your finger.
Roll to a long tail.
Now press it with fingers.
Press the whole tail.
Cut with the knife.
Cut all the gattas in the same way.
Now heat 2 cups of water in a pan.
Add all the gattas in the hot water.
And boil them for about 8-9 minutes.
Now crush the garlic in a mortar.
Add all red chili powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder in it.
Add little water in it.
And make a paste of it.
Also add salt and mix.
Whisk the curd to make it smooth.
Now heat a pan.
And oil in it.
Temper it with cumin seeds.
Add the garlic masala in it.
Mix and cook. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
Now add the whisked curd in it.
Like this. you can see how beautiful it looks.
Now cook with continuous stirring otherwise curd will cuddle.
Let a nice boil to come.
And allow it to cook for another 3-4 minutes.
Now add the boiled gatta in it along with boiled water.
Cook for another 3-4 minutes and switch off the flame.
Garnish it with chopped coriander and serve hot with roti.
- Main Course