- Main Course
LEFTOVER KHICHADI PARANTHA, recipe of how to make parantha with leftover khichadi
Preparation time -5 minutes
Cooking time -15-20 minutes
Main ingredients –leftover khichidi and wheat flour.
Step by step recipes of leftover khichidi ka parantha –a whole wheat flatbread, shallow fried on tawa and have a twist of khichidi in it. Very simple but delicious recipe of leftover khichidi where khichidi is mixed with wheat flour, red chili powder, ginger-garlic-green chili paste, cumin seeds and salt.
Just knead dough of it and take small portion of this dough, now make a peda of it and roll with a rolling pin, then shallow fry it on hot tawa by applying oil on it. Press them to make crispy parantha.
Here I have used simple khichidi made up of rice and split green moong dal. I made this khichidi at last night and it was left me after completing my dinner. And what could be better than this parantha.
But if you want you can make these parantha with leftover vegetable khichidi or daal.
watch the recipe video here -https://youtu.be/UHX0gfJJEZM
I have already posted leftover dal parantha.
Ingredients for leftover khichidi parantha –
- Whole wheat flour -4 cups
- Khichidi -2- 3 cups
- Ginger-garlic-green chili paste -2 tbsp
- Red chili powder -1 tsp
- Cumin seeds -1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required
How to make these parantha –
- Take all the ingredients in a mixing bowl (except oil).
- Mix well and knead it (use water if required).
- Take a small portion of this dough and make a peda of it.
- Sprinkle some dry flour on the surface and roll the parantha with a rolling pin.
- Now heat a tawa and place your parantha on it.
- Flip the parantha after 1 minute and apply oil on it.
- Now flip it again and apply the oil.
- Now cook from both the sides until crisp and golden.
- Serve hot with curd and pickle or chutney.
Step by step recipe with pictures –
Take all the ingredients in a mixing bowl such as Whole wheat flour, Khichidi, ginger-garlic-green chili paste, red chili powder, cumin seeds and salt.
And knead it (use water if required).
Take a small portion of this dough and make a peda of it.
Sprinkle some dry flour on the surface or cover the peda with dry flour.
And roll the parantha with a rolling pin.
Now heat a tawa and place your parantha on it.
Flip the parantha after 1 minute.
And apply oil on it.
Now flip it again.
And apply the oil.
Now cook from both the sides until crisp and golden.
Serve hot with curd and pickle or chutney.
- Main Course