AATA DOSA RECIPE, RECIPE OF HOW TO MAKE GODHUMA DOSA
Preparation time -10 minutes
Fermentation time -30 minutes
Main ingredients –wheat flour, rice flour and onions
Step by step recipe of aata dosa/godhuma dosa –a pan cake recipe of wheat flour and rice flour, which has nice taste of onions, asafoetida and cumin seeds in it.
Aata dosa is very famous recipe of Maharashtra and south India.
In this dosa you can also use finely chopped green coriander or curry leaves, I didn’t use either of them just because couldn’t get them at that time.
When I tried them first time, my sister and daughter only ate them all.
These dosas are very tasty and healthy for your kids and family so give them a try once.
You can also check out my other recipes of dosa such as –masala dosa, green moong dal dosa, moong dal dosa, paneer moong dal dosa, suji chila and so on.
Ingredients for aata dosa –
- Wheat flour -1 cup
- Rice flour -1/2 cup
- Chopped onions -2 tbsp
- Chopped green chilies -1 tsp
- Asafoetida -1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds -1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice -1 tbsp
- Oil as required
How to make aata dosa? –
- Take the wheat flour, rice flour, onions, green chilies, asafoetida, cumin seeds and salt to a mixing bowl.
- Add water and mix to make a runny batter of it.
- Now add the lemon juice in it and mix well.
- Keep this batter aside for 30 minutes.
- Now heat a non stick pan and apply oil on it.
- Now spread the batter on the pan to make dosa.
- When the dosa looks dry from the top flip it and apply oil on it.
- Flip again and cook until your dosa is crispy.
- Fold the dosa and serve hot with chutney or sauce.
Step by step recipe with pictures -
Take the wheat flour and rice flour in a large mixing bowl.
Add in chopped onions, green chilies, asafoetida, cumin seeds and salt to the mixing bowl.
Add water little by little.
And mix to form a lumps free batter.
Now add 1 tbsp of lemon juice to the batter.
Mix well and keep aside for 30 minutes.
Now you can see ingredients have settled down.
Now mix again and get ready for making the dosa.
Now heat a non stick pan and apply some oil on it.
Spread 1 ladle of batter on the pan/tawa. Cook this dosa on low flame as the wheat flour doesn’t cook well on high flame.
When the batter looks dry from above.
Now take 1 tsp of oil.
Add apply this on your dosa.
Now flip again and cook ap to crispy.
Now fold the dosa from one side.
Then from other side.
Serve hot with chutney or sauce.