- Main Course
preparation time -20 minutes
cooking time -20 minutes
Malai palak paneer recipe – palak paneer is one of the most known paneer recipe of India. This recipe is basically paneer or cottage cheese cubes cooked in spinach gravy and malai.
This is my recipe to make palak paneer with lots of malai. It’s a Punjabi cuisine recipe which is loved by everyone in India.
Ingredients of malai palak paneer –
- Palak (spinach) -1/2 kg
- Paneer(cottage cheese)(chopped in cubes) -1/4 kg
- Chopped onion -1 cup
- Chopped tomato -1 cup
- Malai -1 cup
- Ginger-garlic-green chili paste -3 tbsp
- Red chili powder -2 tsp
- Turmeric powder -1 tsp
- Coriander powder -2 tsp
- Garam masala -1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Bay leaf (tej patta ) -3-4
- Cumin seeds -1 tsp
- Black pepper seeds -1/2 tsp
- Clove -3-4
- Oil -2 tbsp
Method to prepare malai palak paneer –
- Chop the spinach, rinse well and boil it in water for 5 minutes. After boiling cool it and grind to make a paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and temper with bay leaf, cumin seeds, clove and black pepper.
- Now add ginger-garlic-green chili paste and sauté for 1 minute.
- Now add chopped onion and cook until the onion gets transparent.
- Now add tomato, mix it and cook for 1 minute.
- Now add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt and mix well. Cook it until the oil leaves the pan.
- Now add spinach puree and malai, and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add paneer in it and mix well.
- Garnish with malai and red chili and serve hot with chapatti or rice.
- Main Course