- Main Course
CUCUMBER AND POMEGRANATE CURD RICE
Preparation time -20 minutes
Cooking time –less than 5 minutes
Cuisine –South Indian
Cucumber and pomegranate curd rice recipe –boiled rice mixed with chopped cucumber and pomegranate seeds.
This is my favorite rice recipe because it is easy to make and it gives freshness when we have it.
Usually people make this curd rice with or without pomegranate, but only the curd and rice. But I have added many more ingredients in it to enhance the taste of simple curd rice.
You can also see my other rice recipes like veg pulav, rajma chawal with chana sprouts, masala pulav in Punjabi style.
Ingredients for cucumber and pomegranate curd rice –
- Boiled rice -2 cups
- Pomegranate seeds -1 cup
- Curd -1 cup
- Finely chopped onion -1/2 cup
- Finely chopped cucumber -1/2 cup
- Finely chopped green chili -2 tbsp
- Roasted and crushed papad -1 cup
- Finely chopped coriander leaves -2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil -2 tbsp
- Black mustard seeds -1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves -7-8
Method to prepare cucumber and pomegranate curd rice –
- Take rice, pomegranate seeds, curd, onion, cucumber, green chili, papad coriander leaves and salt in a large bowl and mix well.
- Now heat oil in a pan and temper it with mustard and curry leaves. And pour this oil on the rice.
- Serve chilled rice by garnishing with mint and coriander.
- This is a simple rice recipe where you can use your own innovation like adding more vegetables like carrot, boiled potato, and grated radish and so on.
- We can also temper it with whole dried red chili.
- Main Course