- With Vegetable
goodness of chawli. health benefits of lobia. black eyed beans benefits
Cowpeas, known as chawali belongs to the family of Legumes. It is commonly called black eyed peas or beans. It can be of various colours like red, creamy white, black brown and so on.
Cowpeas are also known as LOBIA or CHAWLI in Hindi, BOBBARLU or ALASANDULU in Telugu, KERAMANI in Tamil, CHAVLI in Marathi and ALASANDE in Kannada.
The nutritional value of cowpeas is such as –
It contains almost all essential vitamins and minerals including
- Vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, C
- Folic acid, iron, potassium, magnesium, calcium, selenium, sodium, zinc, copper, phosphorus etc.
Health benefits of cowpeas –
- Maintains standard cholesterol levels
- Controls blood cholesterol
- Removes free radicals
- Regulates blood sugar level
- Treats cardio vascular elements
- Treats stomach and pancreatic problems
- Cures urination and bowel related conditions
- Good for weight loss
- Helps in cancer prevention
- Boosts your immune system
Benefits for skin and hair –
- Delays signs of aging
- Makes healthy and shiny hair
- Fights hair loss
- Boosts hair growth
Health benefits in detail –
- How it maintains standard cholesterol level –it is an excellent source of soluble dietary fibre and protein, which play significant role in decreasing the amount of bad cholesterol present in the plasma of our blood.
- How it controls blood cholesterol –the soluble fibre and levels of proteins in cowpea make it a perfect way to lower the bad cholesterol or the LDL from the body.
- How it removes free radicals –there are huge amounts of antioxidants in cowpeas in the form of Vitamin C and A. These beans help in flushing out free radicals from the body. This also keeps away cancerous cells as well.
- How it regulates blood sugar levels –being high in soluble fibres, cowpeas works as a great solution for diabetic conditions. It can regulate our blood sugar levels and help us stay away from diabetic mellitus.
- How it treats stomach and pancreatic problems –cowpeas can deal with all the stomach problems as well as that of the pancreas and spleen. It also calms the aggravated bowel movements as an extra benefit here.
- How it is good for weight loss –they are low fat, low calories beans which are extremely beneficial for weight loss.
- How it helps in cancer prevention –cowpeas are a good source of Vitamin C, which is natural antioxidant. Vitamin C is known to fight free radicals which damage your body with oxidative stress.
- How it boosts your immune system –lobia is loaded with good amount of Vit. A , C and other important nutrients which can strengthen your immune system. Eating lobia is an effective way to protect your body from many diseases.
For aging and hair loss –
- How it delays signs of aging –they contains Vitamin A and C, which are 2 most beneficial elements for our skin. Both of these can prevent our skin cells from getting damaged by free radicals.
- Fights hair loss –it is a great solution for hair loss problem.
- Boosts hair growth –it is high in protein which is one of the most vital components of our hair. So regular consumption of cowpea can boost the hair growth.
The cowpeas also have some side effects such as –
Cowpeas are generally regarded as safe for consumption but overindulgence can certainly lead to many problems such as –
- Foul smelling stools
- Stomach cramps.
- With Vegetable