- Bread recipes
Preparation time -20 minutes
Cooking time -30 minutes
Bread bhaji recipe – it’s a tasty combination of bread and bhaji. Boiled mixed vegetables cooked with onion and tomatoes.
It’s a substitute of pav bhaji, made with lots of vegetables and spices.
Ingredients of bread bhaji –
- Chopped Potato -1 cup
- Chopped Carrot -1 cup
- Chopped Bottle gourd -1 cup
- Chopped Brinjal(baingan) -1/2 cup
- Chopped Tinda(round gourd/apple gourd) -1/2 cup
- Chopped Cauliflower -1 cup
- Finely chopped onion -1 cup
- Finely chopped tomato -1 cup
- Finely chopped green chili -2 tbsp
- Crushed garlic -2 tbsp
- Red chili powder -1 tsp
- Coriander powder -1 tsp
- Turmeric powder -1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice as par your choice
- Chopped coriander for garnishing
For tempering –
- Black mustard -1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds -1/2 tsp
- Black cardamom -2
- Bay leaf(tej patta) -2
Method to prepare bread bhaji –
- Take a pressure cooker and boil the potato, carrot, bottle gourd, brinjal, tinda, cauliflower along with water and salt.
- After boiling mesh all the vegetables evenly and keep aside.
- Now heat oil in a pan, temper it with black mustard, cumin seeds, black cardamom and bay leaf.
- Now after spluttering the mustard seeds add green chili and garlic in it and sauté for 2-3 seconds.
- Now add onions and cook until they become translucent.
- Now add tomato and all the spices in it and cook until the oil leaves the pan.
- Now add meshed vegetables in it and mix well.
- Cook for another 5 minutes and squeeze the lemon juice in it and mix well.
- Switch off the flame, garnish with coriander and serve hot with toasted bread.
- Bread recipes