- Main Course
Pine rice recipe –plain boiled rice cooked with fresh pineapple, coconut milk and lots of spices.
This rice recipe is different from my other rice recipes, because here you have to do some extra effort to make coconut milk (click here to see how to make coconut milk).
This is a sweet and sour recipe of rice where there is sweetness of coconut milk and sourness of pineapple.
Ingredients for pine rice –
- Fresh pineapple -1
- Boiled rice -3 cups
- Coconut milk -1/2 cup
- Chopped onion -2
- Chopped green chili -1
- Raisins/kishmish -2 tbsp
- Fried cashew -2 tbsp
- Ghee/butter -2 tbsp
- Sugar -1/2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander for garnishing
Ingredients for yellow curry paste –
- Roasted cumin seeds -1 tbsp
- Coriander seeds -1 tbsp
- Grated skin of lemon(nimbu ka chilke) -1 tbsp
- Grated ginger -1/2 tbsp
- Whole dried Red chili -3
- Garlic cloves -6-7
- Chopped onion -1/2
- Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
- Salt -1 tsp
Method for preparing pine rice –
- For yellow curry paste – grind all the ingredients of yellow curry paste and keep aside.
- Now turn the pineapple on its side and slice horizontally, trying as much as possible to go right down the middle of the crown.
- Now with the help of a sharp knife, cut around the perimeter of the fruit, leaving a little bit of a rim around the edge for support.
- Make vertical slices, then horizontal slices, and then use a big spoon to scoop the pineapple chunks out.
- Now heat ghee in a pan and add onion and green chilies in it and sauté.
- Now add yellow curry paste in the pan and mix it well and cook for one minute.
- Now add pineapple chunks in the pan and cook for a minute.
- Now add rice, coconut milk, raisins and cashews and cook until the coconut milk gets absorbed.
- Now add sugar and salt in it and mix well. And switch off the flame.
- Now pour the rice in scooped pineapple and garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Main Course