- Main Course
LOBIYA AND MIX VEG CURRY
Preparation time -15 minutes
Cooking time -15 minutes
Lobiya and mix veg curry recipe –boiled lobiya beans cooked with vegetables like potato, carrot, cabbage, French beans and tomato.
This recipe is healthy and nutritious as it contains kidney beans and lots of vegetables. (You may also add other vegetables in it as par your choice). This curry goes very well with plane rice or chapatti.
Ingredients for lobiya and mix veg curry –
- Boiled and chopped mixed vegetables (potato, carrot, cabbage, French beans) -2 cups
- Boiled lobiya -1 cup
- Oil -3 tbsp
- Ginger-garlic-green chili paste -2 tbsp
- Chopped tomatoes -2 tbsp
- Onion-tomato paste -1/2 cup
- Red chili powder -1 tsp
- Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
- Chat masala -1/4 tsp
- Garam masala -1 tsp
- Black pepper powder -1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander for garnishing
Ingredients to temper –
- Cumin seeds -1 tsp
- Clove -4
- Black pepper seeds -7-8
- Black mustard seeds -1/2 tsp
- Bay leaf/tej patta -3
- Green cardamom -4
Method to prepare lobiya and mix veg curry –
- Heat oil in a pan and temper it with cumin, clove, black pepper, mustard, tej patta and green cardamom for half minute.
- Now add ginger-garlic-green chili paste and sauté it.
- Now add onion and tomato paste and cook it until the oil leaves the sides of the pan.
- Now add tomato and all the spices and salt in it and cook for 2-3 minute on low flame so that the spices cooked very well.
- Now add the boiled vegetables and lobiya to it with 2 cups of water and mix well.
- Cook it for 3-4 boils and make a thick curry, now switch off the flame.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot with plane rice or chapatti.
- Main Course