STUFFED VEG RICE DHOKLA
Preparation time -5-6 hrs
Cooking time -25 minutes
Stuffed veg rice dhokla recipe –dhokla made with rice and skinned black gram (urad dal), stuffedvith vegetables like onions, green peas, carrots and French beans.
I always want to do some twist in the basic recipes what we generally used to make at home, my passion about cooking had started from this turn and twist kind of recipes where we make food without any boundation. Because cooking is an art and you can create your own ideas to make it more interesting.
So this recipe of mine is also a twist to the basic dhokla, or says this dhokla is not made from Bengal gram flour but with the rice and urad dal, which we actually use in making idli or dosa. And stuffed with some vegetables. you can stuff it with any vegetables you want.
So lets see the recipe of stuffed veg rice dhokla.
Ingredients of stuffed veg rice dhokla –
For the batter –
- Soaked and grinded rice -2 cup
- Soaked and grinded urad dal -1 cup
- Salt to taste
For stuffing –
- Finely chopped mix vegetables(onion, green peas, carrots, French beans) -1 cup
- Ginger-green chili paste -1 tbsp
- Finely chopped coriander leaves -1 tsp
- Salt to taste
To temper –
- Black mustard -1 tsp
- Curry leaves -6-7
- Oil -2 tsp
For garnishing –
- Red chili powder -1/2 tsp
- Chopped coriander -1/2 tsp
Method to prepare stuffed veg rice dhokla –
- Mix all the ingredients of stuffing.
- Mix the rice and urad dal with salt and make a batter.
- Greece a plat to make the dhokla, now spread half of the batter on the plate and steam it for 10 minutes.
- When it is half cooked spread the stuffing mixture on it and then spread the remaining batter of rice and urad dal and sprinkle the red chili powder on it.
- Now steam it again for 10 minutes.
- Now let it be cool.
- Now cut the dhokla in square shape and keep aside.
- Now heat oil in a small pan and temper it with black mustard and curry leaves.
- Pour this mixture on the dhokla and garnish with coriander leaves and serve with green chutney.