MOONG DAAL KI KACHORI
Preparation time -30 minutes
Cooking time -50-55 minutes
Moong dal ki kachori recipe –maida kachori stuffed with moong dal masala, fried patiently on low flame.
This is a delicious tea time snack and also for festive season. This kachori can be served with green chutney, curd, or saunth ki chutney. This is a mouth watering recipe, lets move on the recipe.
Ingredients for moong daal ki kachori –
- Refined flour -250 gms
- Ghee -100 gms
- Carom seeds -1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander seeds -3 gms
- Cumin seeds -3 gms
- Fennel seeds -5 gms
- Ginger paste -5 gms
- Green chili paste -2 gms
- Chat masala powder -5 gms
- Red chili powder -5 gms
- Coriander powder -5 gms
- Dry mango powder/amchoor -5 gms
- Moong daal -200 gms
- Oil for frying
Method for preparing moong daal ki kachori –
- Make stiff dough using refined flour, salt, carom seeds and water. Keep it aside and cover with a damp cloth.
- Soak moong daal in water and then grind it coarsely in a mixer.
- Temper the moong daal with ginger paste, green chili paste, coriander seeds, cumin seeds and fennel seeds. Then cook on gas till it becomes dry.
- Add all the powdered masalas to the above mixture.
- Shape the dough into balls with greased palms and stuff it with the above mixture.
- Heat oil and deep-fry till the kachoris turn crisp and golden brown.
- Serve hot with saunth chutney.
- Knead soft dough for making kachori.
- The filling have to be really dry, otherwise it will come out when rolling.
- While stuffing kachoris, make sure you close the stuffing nicely.
- Fry the kachoris on low flame to get crunchy kachoris.