MIX DAL DALIYA
Preparation time -5 minutes
Cooking time -15-20 minutes
Mix dal daliya recipe –broken wheat roasted in ghee and then cooked with mixed split lentils.
Broken wheat is made from whole wheat and has high nutritional values including fiber that comes from the bran or husk of the wheat.
Daliya can be prepared in a pan, kadai or pressure cooker. It turns out soft and delicious even in pressure cooker. Dalia is very easy to digest. In case your stomach is upset then daliya is the best solution.
Daliya is considered to be one of the simplest and healthy food, low in fat & cholesterol, high in iron & fiber. So lets proceed to the recipe of mix dal daliya -
Ingredients for mix dal daliya –
- Daliya/broken wheat -1 cup
- Soaked Mix dal (chana dal, husked moong dal, split green gram etc) -1/2 cup
- Ghee -2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Water -3 cups
Method to prepare mix dal daliya –
1. Heat ghee in a pressure cooker and add the daliya in it, roast daliya until it gets brown.
2. Now add the soaked dal in it and mix well
3. Now add salt and water and mix well the daliya.
4. Now put the lid and pressure cook it about for 3 whistles.
5. Switch off the flame and serve hot.