ALOO CHANE KE POHE
Preparation time -15 minutes
Cooking time -15 minutes
Aloo-chane ke pohe recipe –beaten rice cooked with potato and Bengal gram with a tangy taste of lemon juice.
This recipe is again a twist of usual batata poha, where I have used boiled Bengal gram in addition to give a delicious taste to batata poha.
As I have mentioned in so many recipes of mine that I like to give a different taste or say twist to the usual basic recipes, so in this recipe also I did the same thing. Soaked beaten rice cooked with boiled potato and boiled Bengal grams. So lets proceed to the recipe –
Ingredients for aloo-chane ke pohe –
- Beaten rice -1 cup
- Boiled and chopped potato -1/2 cup
- Soaked and boiled Bengal gram -1/4 cup
- Chopped onion -3 tbsp
- Chopped tomato -2 tbsp
- Chopped green chilies -1 tbsp
- Red chili powder -1 tsp
- Turmeric powder -1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander for garnishing
Ingredients to temper –
- Oil -2 tbsp
- Black mustard seeds -1 tsp
- Curry leaves -7-8
- Dried whole red chili -2
Method to prepare aloo-chane ke pohe –
- Wash the beaten rice thoroughly 2 or 3 times and soak for 5 minutes in water.
- Now heat oil in a pan and temper it with black mustard, curry leaves and dried whole red chili.
- When the mustard seeds splutter add green chili and onion, sauté until the onions gets translucent.
- Now add tomato and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add potato and Bengal grams and mix well.
- Now add the powdered spices and salt and mix well.
- After 2-3 minutes add the soaked beaten rice and mix well.
- Cook it for another 3-4 minutes and switch off the flame.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and mix well.